Type 2 diabetes is a condition here dietary changes helps a lot. In todays time we talk a lot about carbs, fiber and high protein diets. Recently few studies suggests increasing legumes consumption may help you take control of Diabetes. Here is quick guide for you to increase legumes intake and take control of blood sugar levels:
- Whole pulses, Moong, chickpea, lima beans, alfa alfa sprouts, lentils , Rajmah etc. are beneficial legumes.
- They are rich in B complex vitamins. B vitamins help release energy.
- These legumes are rich in calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. These minerals are good for bone health and metabolism. They also affect insulin resistance and sensitivity.
- These pulses fall under low glycemic foods. It means they release glucose slowly.
- Pulses also contain some amount of carbs. So, they are good to be consumed alone (it helps to control blood sugar levels effectively).
Migraine is different than headache. It occurs frequently. Usually it is seen on one side of head. Certain situations, foods, stress, environmental changes trigger migraine pain.
It is majority seen in females. Age group from 35 to 55 yrs is affected by migraine pain.
Common causes of migraine pain is blood vessel constriction. As a result it also causes blurred vision and sensitivity to light.
Nutrient deficiencies are linked with migraine pain. Vitamin D, Magnesium plays major role in pain management. It was also seen in few studies that people having constant headache were deficient in riboflavin and COQ 10 enzyme. COQ10 is very important enzyme. As you age its levels are decreased in our body. If you are the victim of Migraine pain try supplementing your diet with COQ10 enzyme.
Best way to take control of your migraine pain is to increase Magnesium intake. Add foods rich in magnesium – as green leafy vegetables, nuts, oil seeds, fish, whole grains, avocados, banana, dried figs, dark chocolates etc.
Best way to prevent migraine pain is to avoid triggers. Try and find your foods, situations, changes which trigger migraine pain. Few females get migraine around their monthly cycles. Add nutrient rich foods to get rid of migraine pain.
Gut micro flora affects your health to a great extend. What you eat affects at every level of your health. This is majority influenced by micro organisms present in your gut. We know that we have thousand no of bacteria and viruses. Few of them are helpful.
Recent studies suggest gut micro organisms also affect your DNA make up. This affects your health in long run. It helps in improving your immunity against few diseases.
Processed foods loaded with sugar and refined flour affect gut flora negatively. They vanish healthy bacteria in gut and thus are linked to weight gain and obesity related issues.
Few healthy bacteria are associated with fiber rich foods. They contain and help them grow in gut. Bacteria such as muciniphelia helps reduce body fat percentage.
Fermentation process improves micro organisms in food. They are called as Probiotics. Probiotics help in inflammatory diseases such as Irritable bowl syndrome. This inflammation is also affected on memory and brain activities. Helpful microbes prevent these inflammatory actions. And enhances basic functioning.
Natural foods such as whole foods, fiber rich foods, fermented foods are healthful in this sense. At the same time sugar and sugary food encourage yeast growth which affects these helpful bacteria’s negatively.
Improving gut flora helps in type 2 diabetes. Basically increased fiber intake promotes healthy bacteria. They bind with excess sugar, improve insulin response. Thus helps in improving blood sugar levels.
Hypothyroidism is a condition where thyroid hormone is underactive. This hormone helps in keeping up with body’s metabolism. Due to low levels of hormone metabolism is slow. This is the reason you tend to gain weight. Here are 20 things you must know about hypothyroidism.
- Hypothyroidism is not only affected by adults. It can occur in kids too.
- There is no known reason for hypothyroidism. Toxicity, pregnancy, fever, autoimmune conditions can trigger hypothyroidism.
- You feel fatigues, tired, have cold sensations, hair loss, puffy face, muscle weakness, impaired memory due to hypothyroidism.
- Untreated thyroid condition is not good for health.
- Hypothyroidism during pregnancy need attention. Proper medication and dietary changes help in achieving the balance.
- Improving iodine intake may help in treating hypothyroidism.
- Foods to be avoided by hypothyroid patients are walnut, soybean, iron supplements, etc.
- Regular exercise helps in restoring thyroid health. It helps in losing weight.
- Daily meditation and deep breathing practices help in managing depression related to hypothyroidism.
- Zinc rich foods such as chicken, pork, red meat, whole grains help in improving hair texture, stop hair fall and skin texture.
Blood pressure is called as silent killer. If it is not controlled it affects heart health. Blood pressure can be managed with lifestyle modification. Here are 5 ways action which you can do on your own and lower blood pressure.