If you will see any gym goer or person doing rigorous dieting , you will find that he is taking too many eggs. Now very first question comes to our mind is do we really need eggs? Eggs contain high quality proteins. You can lose weight with eggs. What do we mean by high quality? -any protein is made up of amino acids. Chemically they are building blocks of proteins. Read more
Eating chilli can help in losing weight. Yes! You can achieve weight loss with the help of chilies. This hot little spice has one chemical agent call capsaicin. This chemical helps in burning fat in our body. Read more
Being an weight watcher this is the most common question which comes to your mind. What should I eat in my meals – Rice or roti??? Rice is high in starch and carbs, it will put me on weight etc. Here is an end to this question. You must include staple food in your daily diet. Read more
Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable. It is rich in antioxidants, maganese, vitamin K, vitamin c and B complex vitamins. This vegetable is widely used in Mexican and Italian cooking. It is also well know in fitness world due to its thermogenic effect on body. Consuming broccoli helps you in burning some calories. Thus it is important part of weight loss diet. Here is detailed nutritive value of broccoli: Read more
Eggs are most accepted form of proteins. It is widely used in daily cooking and dieting plans. Eggs are full of proteins, Vitamin D and B 12. Here is the Nutritive value of Eggs in detail. Read more
We all know that we need to consume high protein intake diet. Carbs are not good. Processed food is harming our digestion. But then what to eat? If you are having this question, then check out these ten quick fix for high protein diet.
- Use combination of flours – Roti is staple food and it is main part of our diet. Traditionally we are eating rotis in our major meals. Mix Wheat flour with soybean flour. One can also add besan or chana while grinding wheat. Use proportion of 4:1 (4 parts wheat and one part soybean). There will be changes in the proportion if you have any health complaint.
- Use milk in preparations: If you have seen my video on improving protein intake it suggests you need to drink 3 servings of milk daily. If it is not possible for you, start using milk in food preparation. Knead the dough in milk. Add skim milk powder in roti, gravies and curries. How much amount you need will depend on your health goals.
- Milk tea or coffee: – This is the best deal which suits my clients. If you like traditional tea, use milk to prepare this tea or coffee. Make sure you do not end up taking too much sugar with this, but milk tea or coffee is win- win.
- Replace potato with paneer: Many times Indians use potato very frequently in cooking. May it be cauliflower veg or paratha. Replace potato with low fat paneer. You can reduce the quantity of potato and add up paneer.
- Snacks on proteins: Sprouts are best snacks. They are filled with protein and taste great in salads, chat, curry etc. Whenever you feel hungry go for half cup steamed sprouts.
- Nuts are best way to live healthy life: nuts are high In essential fatty acids. Vegetarians need that. Include nuts in between your meals. Almonds, walnut, pistachios, flax seeds, sunflower seeds are best option.
- Add peanut butter in place of butter: – Peanut butter is not used in India very frequently, but it is available in market. One can prepare it at home also. You just need to put peanuts (roasted or raw – depends on you) blend it on push button. Keep blending it becomes oily. Applying this peanut butter is helpful. It adds up fat and protein intake too. Make sure it is not taken on daily basis as it is adding up to your fat intake too. For how much quantity, check your calorie requirements.
- Add proteins to Vegetables preparations: – We have many vege preparations in Northern India. It contains paneer with veggies. Adding raw paneer, tofu or soy chunks will help in increasing protein content of the dish.
- Add up high protein vegetables – Peas is one of the vegetable which contains more proteins in comparison of others.
- Savouries in meal and servings: – Maharashtrian and south Indian meals contain chutney as savouries in lunch and dinner. There are variety of chutnies prepared. It tastes amazing with parathas, idi, dosa, roti etc. Make chutnies with flax seeds, sesame seeds, roasted chana etc. Replacing traditional coconut chutney with these things helps a lot.
If you have increased uric acid levels or small joint pain, high protein diet may not help you. In case of any medical condition do discuss first and then make changes to your diet.