Starting this week will share quick recipes with Oats. This is very healthy cereal available in today’s time.
But I am sure you get irritated with same oats porridge every day. Use these oats recipes for your breakfast or Dinner. Make healthy and complete meals.
Do you enjoy south Indians food? Then you would love this quick Idli recipe.
What all you will need to make oats Idli?
Oats: 50 gm
Suji: 50 grm
Curd: 50 gm
Carrot: 50 grm
Coriander leaves: 1-2 strands
Salt for taste
Jeera for taste
Ketch up or Green chutney to serve with.
How to Make:
- Mix oats, suji and curd. Blend it in food processor. Make fine paste. Do not add more water. Maintain consistency.
- Wash and clean carrot and coriander leaves. Grate carrot, chop leaves. Mix it with oats suji mixture.
- Keep this aside for 30 mins.
- Add salt, jeera t the mixture.
- Apply some oil on Idli stand plates.
- Add mixture and steam it for 20 mins
- Serve while with ketch up or green chutney.
In between, you can add onion, tomatoes etc as per your choice. Grated carrot really gives nice colour.
Let me know how do you find this?
When it comes to achieve health goals it needs to be done in systematic manner. Thus have created a simple monthly meal plan. This is called “Quick bytes Meal plan”. This contains day-week wise meal plan for complete one month. This is focused on building healthy eating habits. Leave junk and crap behind. Helpful for individuals and families. If you want to make a real change in daily eating habits ask for “Quick Bytes Meal Plan ” here.
I am Nutritionist Divya help people make healthy food choices and live healthy life. You can ping me on 9971828043 to know more.
With all this rush to prepare for Diwali, I have something interesting for you. Have you done your preparations for sweets this Diwali? I have got some sweet but healthy recipes for you. As usual, my focus is to serve you healthy, time saving and quick recipes. Starting today you will be getting following recipes through my posts:
- Dates + Carrot Kheer
- Soy+ Suji Halwa
- Special Laddu
- Loki Halwa
Let’s start with Date + Carrot Kheer this week:
What all things you will need for this?
Fresh dates : – 4-5 seeds
- Carrot: 100 gm
- Milk – 1 cup
- Ghee : – 1 spoon
- Cardamom powder
- Almonds and cashew nuts – 5-6
How to Make it?
Remove seeds from fresh dates. Soak them in half cup milk for half an hour.
- Wash carrots and grate them.
- Put soaked dates in mixer and blend it. Make a puree. It is ok if you leave small dates pieces. It tastes nice.
- Add 1 spoon ghee in thick bottom pan. Add grated carrot and sauté for 5 mins.
- Do not let carrot burn or turn red in colour.
- Add dates puree and remaining milk.
- Let is boil for 2-3 mins.
- Add cardamom powder and nuts (cut into small pieces).
- Let it cool. Do not keep for ling in refrigerator it, it will be very thick or can become solid.
- Enjoy your dessert filled with natural sugars, vitamins and energy.
This quick recipe is best suited for your festival time. Do try and let me know how does it turn. To get more such recipes on broadcast ping me on 9971828043. I am Nutritionist Divya. Help people making healthy food choices, thus lead healthy life. Food is best way to be healthy. You just that twist. To get more updates about health, diet, nutrition, recipes ing me on whats app 9971828043.
We know eating right is important. Having sugary foods in the morning will ruin your day. Simple way to plan your any meal and have right foods for breakfast and cut the meal into three parts. Put carbs or cereals in 1/3rd part, Proteins in 1/3 rd part and fresh fruit + vegetable as remaining portion. Usually we make a mistake in selecting right foods. Traditionally Indian diet is rich in carbohydrates. Read more
Sprouts are better consumed than only pulses. Basically sprouting process improves nutritive value of pulses. In India sprouts are used to make curry. Verity of pulses can be used to make sprouts. Moong sprouts or whole green gram is used to traditional sprouts. One can also use moth beans, dries peas, chowlai (white beans but small in size) etc. Read more
Oats are good for Heart! People include oats for healthy living and it is good in fiber and thus helps in keeping cholesterol under control. We know these health benefits but still we get sick with usually oats porridge. Many people do not like oats porridge texture, then what??? You will not eat oats?? Nohh..that’s not the solution. Read more