Oats are good for Heart! People include oats for healthy living and it is good in fiber and thus helps in keeping cholesterol under control. We know these health benefits but still we get sick with usually oats porridge. Many people do not like oats porridge texture, then what??? You will not eat oats?? Nohh..that’s not the solution. Here are quick 10 recipes to include oats in your meal:
- Trendy Oast Porridge – Regular oats porridge with milk may sound boring but how about making it more interesting with healthy ingredients. Include oats for healthy living in your diet. Use Soy milk or Rice milk to make this porridge. Mix instant oats and Rice milk, Add chopped fresh blue berries and raisins for sweetness. Do not add sugar. Mix all the ingredients and top it with strawberry crush to make it more yummy! 🙂
- Oats pancake : Mix equal quantity of Oats, Semolina and curd. Keep it aside for 30 mins. Mix ginger and green chilli paste with the mixture. Heat a non stick pan on gas. Spread this mixture equally on pan and let it cook for 3-5 mi. Serve this pancake with tomato ketchup or dip.
- Oats Upma : This is one of the one dish meal which can be prepared at any time of the day. It can serve your hunger for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Chop veggies such as onion, tomato, capsicum, carrot and peas. Add spoonful of cooking oil in pan, add seasonings and add all vegetables. Let it cook for 2 mins then mix oats and dry roast it for 3 minutes. Add double quantity of water and salt. Cover and let it cook for another 5 mins. Serve hot.
- Oats Idli : Mix one big spoon oats with black gram dal and rice Soaked over night. Mix all ingredients and grind it in food processor. Add i stand and little seasoning and salt to the mixture. Put small portion of this mixture in Idli stand and steam for 10 mins. Serve your hot and tasty Idli with chutney.
- Oats Curry : Mix oats and Boiled potato together. Add ginger garlic paste and other spices for taste. Take bigger portion of oats than potato. Make small balls of this mixture and keep it aside. Saute onion and tomato purie in one pan. Add all seasoning and spices as per taste. Once gravy is ready add these balls and let it boil for 10 mins, your healthy oats curry is ready to serve.
- Oats Pulao: Select good quality veggies such as peas, cauliflower, carrots, onions, etc. Soak brown rice for 30 mins. Saute all veggies in seasoning in a pan. Add brown rice and oats. Roast it for 2-3 mins. Add remaining spices for taste. Now add double quanity of water and let it cook. Brown rice will take little more time to cook, so be careful. Serve with raita once done.
- Ragi-Oats dessert: If you are a foodie and love desserts then you will like this recipe. Roast ragi flour in ghee and keep it aside. Roast oats in pan for 3 mins and keep it aside. Take similar measure of powdered sugar and 1 small spoon cardamom powder. Grin oats in food processor and make a fine powder. Add ragi powder and mix both the things together. Mix all ingredients, add little ghee and bind small balls with this mixture. you can also add almonds and Raisins to make it more tasty.
What is your favorite recipe with oats???