How about adding some more healthy ingredients to your oats porridge. Have this tasty and yummy oats dates porridge during your hunger pangs.
- 2 cups nonfat or low-fat milk
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dates
- 1 tea spoon sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, (optional)
- Sliced bananas, or apples (optional)
How To Make It?
- Combine milk, oats, dates, sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until mixture is thick and creamy, about 4 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick and add few drops of vanilla extract.
- Spoon into bowls and top with walnuts, sliced bananas or apples.