Add little twist to your traditional upma. Here is todays recipe – Oats Suji upma.
- Oats for Suji – ½ cup
- Plain suji – ½ cup
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Carrots – ½ cup, chopped
- Beans – ½ cup, chopped
- Peas – ½ cup
- Peanuts – ½ cup
- Curry leaves (green)- few
- Mustard seeds / Rye – few
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Chili powder – to taste
- Coriander powder – to taste
How to Make it?
- Dry roast Oats for Suji and plain suji in a pan and keep aside
- In a pan add oil and heat it on high flame for 2 mins. Now add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, peas, peanuts, carrots and beans. Stir continuously.
- Now, simmer the flame and cover it with a lid till it’s cooked.
- Add roasted Oats for Suji and all the spices. Mix well
- Add plain suji and mix well
- Now add hot water so that the suji is soaked in it. Stir continuously.
- Add more hot water if required and cook on a medium flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooked mix lemon juice and serve