Effects of botox on health
Botox is a drug prepared from neurotoxin a chemical released from botulin generally used as a medicine for certain muscular conditions and also used to treat wrinkles by paralyzing the facial muscles for a short period of time. Although botulism toxin is one of the most toxic substances for human body even though it’s helpful and proven successful therapeutic protein, which when used in a very small concentration is helpful in clinical treatment of adverse conditions.
There are many known effects of botox on health as well as our physical conditions as per medical treatment prospective.
- Apart from being lethal it has its own proven medical therapeutic effects in certain muscular conditions. This drug was approved for the treatment of conditions like blepharospasm and strabismus. The expected side effects were less and those which occurred are treatable.
- Other than therapeutic use it’s commonly used in cosmetics for the treatment of the wrinkles by paralyzing the facial muscles. The effect of Botox cosmetic lasts for up to four months depending on patient to patient.
- Also helpful in treatment of upper motor neuron treatment of muscles which makes the muscles weak with decreased movement control.
- They are also used for the treatment of chronic migraine by injecting the toxin in the head or neck region to treat the chronic headache.
- It’s also used in would heal to some extent because of its healing property.
- It’s helpful in painful bladder syndrome for treatment of its associated syndrome.
- Effective in movement related disorders associated with disease or injury of CNS including trauma, stroke or Parkinson’s disease.
Certain side effects are always associated with Botox either minor or temporary which can be predicted by the mode of action and chemical nature of the molecule. These side effects are may be in the form of paralysis of wrong muscle group or the allergic reactions. So we should always keep the precautions under consideration to avoid the side effects.