Type 2 diabetes is a condition here dietary changes helps a lot. In todays time we talk a lot about carbs, fiber and high protein diets. Recently few studies suggests increasing legumes consumption may help you take control of Diabetes. Here is quick guide for you to increase legumes intake and take control of blood sugar levels:
- Whole pulses, Moong, chickpea, lima beans, alfa alfa sprouts, lentils , Rajmah etc. are beneficial legumes.
- They are rich in B complex vitamins. B vitamins help release energy.
- These legumes are rich in calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. These minerals are good for bone health and metabolism. They also affect insulin resistance and sensitivity.
- These pulses fall under low glycemic foods. It means they release glucose slowly.
- Pulses also contain some amount of carbs. So, they are good to be consumed alone (it helps to control blood sugar levels effectively).