Migraine headache is most common headache in todays time. Even you must have experienced this one or the other time. two third of females are affected by migraine headache and it causes significant disturbance in daily life.
It intense headache with throbbing pain on one side. Pain symptoms vary from person to person. Common causes of headaches are increased stress, high level of inflammation and changes in serotonin levels etc. Headaches are seen in family or common for family members. With improved diet and managing headache triers you can take control of this pain. improving on some nutrients deficiency also helps in managing frequency and intensity of the headache.
Here are few symptoms of migraine headache:
- Throbbing pain on one side of the head
- vomiting feeling.
- blurred vision, sensitivity to light, artificial light etc
- disturbed digestion is also associated with headache
- sometimes acidity and indigestion can be linked with migraine.
During of this type of headache changes from person to person. It can be for 3 hours to 3 days. One can experience severe pain and later it starts reducing. It gets triggered with lack of sleep or disturbed sleep, over stress – mental (anxiety, being busy and too occupied). For some people it runs in the family. It is also seen that middle aged females suffer from migraine pain. incise of young women in their puberty time they can experience migraine.
Few things which can trier migraine:
- changes in sleep time and schedule
- changes in meal times and hunger. Skipping meals can also trigger.
- exposure to artificial light.
- Humid temperature can cause headache.
- diet deficient in nutrients
- alcohol and drug withdraw etc
How you can take control of this migraine headache naturally?
- Correct your diet: You need to reduce inflammation to take control of headaches. Inflammation is nothing but part of body is swollen and becomes painful. Processed food mainly cause inflammation. Diet rich in salty food, wine, egg, cheese which is kept for long time, chocolate, artificial food colors and sweeteners, etc cause migraine. You need to observe which food trigger it for you. And simply avoid those. To reduce the frequency and intensity of headache include more fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables in daily diet. Make sure you eat 2 fruits and 3 servings of veggies minimum.
- Try gluten free diet: Skipping wheat from diet helps a lot. Gluten is a type of protein (amino acid) found in food. It triggers inflammatory for few. You can try avoiding gluten from diet and see the change.
- Magnesium rich foods: Magnesium supplements help taking control of headache. Nuts such as walnut, almonds, green leafy vegetables, whole cereals are rich in magnesium. They are rich in magnesium. Broccoli, cabbage, asparagus,Brussels sprouts are rich in magnesium. Add fish oil supplements if you are vegetarian. Or take 2 servings of fish every week .
- Essential oils: Peppermint and lavender oils help in managing stress. You can use them as soon as you start getting headache symptoms.
- Vitamin B supplements; B complex vitamins play major role in management of neurotransmitters. Taking 2-3 months of b complex vitamin course helps. This is water soluble vitamin does not cause toxicity.
- Be hydrated: Simple dehydration can cause you headache. Keep your self hydrated. In hot weather make sure you are drinking enough water. eat more melons, cucumber, fresh juices, oranges etc.