Donating organs is a very big decision that not only impacts your health, but also makes a difference in your personal life as well. You need to consider many factors before making a decision. You can visit the hospital in Itasca, meet the surgeons and interview them if you want to know anything.
By visiting Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor website, you can make donor registry in Itasca, Illinois. They provide precious gifts in life like organs and tissues to save and increase the life span of others. Also, they offer services and programs for donor families in honor of the loved ones.
The following are few questions to ask while donating that helps you to express your feelings, expectations, motivation for donation, and your relation with the donor.
Is whole body and organ donation are same?
Both donations are unselfish acts, but differ in many things. Only one part or few will be transplanted to someone to extend their lifespan. Whereas donating whole body means scientists will make use of your body to perform medical research or to save others life. Scientists will research on your body to find out medicines to cure certain diseases.
How to register?
You can donate anywhere as you wish there are many places to donate organs like medical schools, research institutions, other service organizations or charities. Most of these will have websites you can go through it you get register.
Health, finance, and emotion related questions
- How will be my health after surgery?
- Whether I need support or help to donate? How can I improve my health after procedure?
- Can I handle recovery period? How can I prepare emotionally and mentally?
- Does living donation have an effect on my financial position or occupation?
- Can I get leave and salary from my company during the procedure?
- On whom I have to depend for emotional and practical support during and after the procedure?
- Does donating organs will affect my relationship with the recipient?
Not all people feel comfortable to donate their organs, only few of them will like to do it due to their own reasons. You need to know all the essential things get a clear idea regarding them and decide whether you want to donate your organs or not.
If you want to donate your body, gather information about the charitable trusts in Itasca and choose the best one. Visit their website today to donate your organs or whole-body.