Type 2 diabetes is common in India. It is called as lifestyle disease. It means this disorder is caused due to faulty lifestyle, food habits and activity patterns. In recent study experts claim that type 2 diabetes can be reversed.
Basically type 2 diabetes is caused due to:
- excess calorie intake for prolonged period. This is like excess calorie intake for 10, 20 or 30 yrs of time. Every day body tends to produce more insulin and tries to control blood sugar levels.
- This increased workload on pancreas results in over work. and on one fine day it is declare as type 2 diabetes.
How you can reverse this condition with lifestyle modification?
- Aim for fat loss: it is proven with studies that any reduction in body fat by 1% can help in improving insulin activity. Its not just weight loss, but look for fat loss.
- You can restrict your calorie intake and achieve weight loss in initial time. Simply check how many calorie diet you need and eat 300-500 less calories in comparison to that. (example – you need 1800 Kcal diet then eat only 1500 Kcal per day) You must be able to lose 1 kg in a weeks time
- In second phase you need to maintain this lost weight for few months and improve physical activity.
Avoid the list of foods given below To take control of Blood sugar levels:
- added sugar – No added sugar allowed. This single change will give you lot of relief from increased BSL.
- Avoid all refined cereals coming from bakery products, cakes, pastries, cookies, bread etc.
- Avoid sweetened drinks and beverages.
To get details diet plan to manage your diabetes you can get in touch with us. Ping us on 0205128280